Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Belize Honeymoon - Fashion Inspiration

I'd mentioned that I spent the long weekend down in Orange County for a best friend's wedding, and it was incredible!  The wedding was absolutely gorgeous - from the venue to the flowers, to all the little details - it was like being in a real live Pinterest page - no joke.  My beautiful friend, Lindsay, was absolutely stunning - gorgeous, and glowing and happy.
Of course, everyone at the wedding has had to return to real life, while Lindsay and her new HUSBAND (so weird and awesome to say) are on their honeymoon in Belize. I've been daydreaming about a hot tropical vacation, and with Belize on the brain, I put together a wishlist for what I'd pack on a romantic trip down there...

I'm not known for packing light (I had a carry on AND a checked bag for 3 nights in southern California for goodness sake) but I'd do my best to limit myself to pieces that could easily transition from day to night... I'd definitely go after bright colors, and LIGHT fabrics, because it is hot and humid down there...

Here's my packing check-list...

Belize


Matthew Williamson floral dress / 120% Lino floral dress / Miss Selfridge chiffon dress / Accessorize sun dress / Jane Norman summer dress, $78 / Pull&Bear red dress, $62 / Paprika floral dress, $7.79 / Cutie summer top / One piece swimsuit / Halter top / Vix bikini / Wal G jumpsuits romper, $51 / Forever 21 romper / Charlotte Russe fringe bathing suit / Steve Madden shoes / Nine West flat sandals / MICHAEL Michael Kors tote bag / Irene Neuwirth gold jewelry / Luis Morais gold bracelet / IaM by Ileana Makri sterling silver charm / Michael Kors jewelry / Stella & Dot cuff bracelet / Blu Bijoux gold jewelry


White swimwear - you're a bride!!  And white makes you look oh so tan!  A sexy one-piece and a fringed bikini are must haves.

I'm also loving the versatility of the romper - light and easy to throw on for the beach, or for dinner with gold cuffs and cute gold sandals.  If you're feeling a bit more dressy, a pretty floaty maxi is just the thing, but it's Belize - one pair of wedges MIGHT make an appearance for a dressy night out.  With everyone else in flip-flops, it's hard to muster up the energy or desire to squeeze heels on.

A big bright tote is perfect for throwing everything into before hopping on a boat, or heading to the pool, and a selection of bright floral sundresses are essential for any beach vacation...

3 comments:

  1. Its so hot down there all I wore was my swimsuit. It was literally to hot for a coverup even! Wish I had known, I would have just taken a carryon... or just bought a swimsuit down there! Cute wish list though. I kind of want the romper for right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually checked the weather and it's thunderstorms and hot... my hair would be sooooo frizzy with that kind of tropical heat! Perhaps I'd change this packing list to include more swimsuits and less actual clothes :-)

      Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Silver Gold Bull is your reputable precious metals dealer. They will provide you with reasonable, up-to-minute pricing and make sure your precious metals arrives to your door discreetly and fully insured.

    ReplyDelete