Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Comeback of the One Piece

Summer is coming to a close in most parts of the country, which means that it's back to school time for most families.  That's why September is one of my favorite times to vacation - all the kiddos are back in school, so the resorts and beaches have fewer tantrum throwing toddlers.  AMEN to that!! With vacation on the brain, let's talk about swimsuits, shall we?

While I still love a good bikini, I know I'm not the only one who has been on a vacation, chowing down on tacos and margaritas, and wishing for a little more... "coverage" in the tummy area.  Am I right??  I've spotted A LOT of really amazing options out there with retro cuts, figure flattering shapes, and deep plunging necklines...

I pulled together a few of my favorites:
One Pieces


Mink Pink one piece swimsuit, $115 / ASOS one piece swimsuit, $54 / La Blanca one piece swimsuit / ASOS one piece swimsuit, $44 / Zimmermann one piece swimsuit / Topshop one piece swimsuit / Lisa Marie Fernandez one piece swimsuit / Miraclesuit one piece swimsuit, $220 / Caffé Swimwear one piece swimsuit / Topshop one piece swimsuit / CHROMAT one piece swimsuit / Roksanda Ilincic one piece swimsuit / Melissa Odabash one piece swimsuit


I have so many favorites in this bunch, it's hard to narrow it down!!

I mean, the red and hot pink number is A-MA-ZING, and the color-blocked waist will visually shrink your middle.    The retro shapes are also so awesome - the strapless styles, that have a corseted look and feel are so "South Pacific".  The black with the white piping and the tropical top with the navy bottom is also adorable.

I actually ordered the navy plunge one-piece from ASOS, and hope it fits!  (never know with European sizing...)

So what do you think?? Would you rock a one-piece on your next vacation, or stick with the bikini??

No comments:

Post a Comment