Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gallery Wall

Remember how I'd been agonizing over putting up a gallery wall in our living room??  Well it's happened!  In between my back to back weeks of travel between San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York, I managed to get the gallery wall started , and here's a little sneak peek...

GOLD.


Sorry for the extremely blurry photo, but I was excited, and wanted to share.  The wall isn't quite finished, but it's getting there... we're still waiting on a few pieces to round out the left side, but I am loving the change and the addition of some much needed color.

I'm also thinking that we need some more solid prints, and less white mattes with the large La Baule vintage poster... just something a bit more solid to balance out the left side.  I'm thinking a dark grey/blue matte on that abstract piece, and a few other colorful prints?  What do you think?

It took me a long time to pull the trigger on the gallery wall.  I'm not entirely sure why... I guess the thought of putting all those haphazard holes in the wall scared me, but I just started eyeing it, and it ended up working out.  I'd put together tons of layouts (remember this post from back in October??) but ironically none of the layouts, and nearly none of those frames made it up on this wall.

I'm so happy with how things are coming together... better quality photos to follow soon - I promise!

Happy Thursday!
xo

2 comments:

  1. really LOVE the gallery wall Becky!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Needs a little tweaking, but I'm loving it overall!!

      Delete