Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Style - The Wedge

Spring is here meaning one day it's pouring rain, and the next it's sunny and 70 degrees.  My allergies are in full swing, the tulips in the park are OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing, and the sun is staying out longer.  Overall, I'm totally stoked it's spring (minus the allergy part) because that means it's time for warmer weather clothing options.  I'll be spending less days wearing my riding boots, and more days showing off my freshly manicured toes.

The wedge is the perfect shoe for spring, and it will carry you straight through to summer.  With cropped trousers (another favorite spring closet staple) wedges look smart and polished, and with a flippy skirt and jean jacket, they are perfect for warmer weather, and weekend wear.

A few of my favorites

If Money were No Option...
Spring Wedges


Christian Louboutin clear wedge heels / Givenchy strappy platform sandals / Rupert Sanderson high wedge / Missoni platform wedge heels, $705 / Burberry ankle wrap heels / Valentino platform wedge heels / Marc Jacobs canvas wedge / Marc by Marc Jacobs platform wedge heels / Kate Spade platform wedge heels

So yes, I realize that I cannot afford a single one of these shoes, but this is my little blog, and I can dream if I want to.  Trying to organized about it, I've grouped each row by wedge category for all other "type-a" people out there... for the classic, preppy wedge wearer, the first row will be right up your alley.

Delicate straps, brown leather, and nautical navy and white stripe details are perfection.  The second row is for the more adventurous, and after the dark colors of winter, who doesn't want a little coral, tangerine or aqua happening on their feet.  Finally the classic espadrille - a little more casual, with natural fiber woven wedges and an earthy quality.

You won't Max Out your Credit Cards...
Wedges - take II


Tory Burch platform sandals / Tory Burch shoes / 7 For All Mankind wedge sandals / J.Crew platform sandals / Steve Madden high heel shoes / Zara leather strappy sandals / INC International Concepts high heel shoes / Kelly & Katie sandals / RMK Tamique Turquoise Patent, $78

Welcome back to the world of reality... these are shoes we can all afford.  Each row is categorized the same as the first looks... classic, colorful, and espadrille.

Are you as obsessed with the ombre platform on the orange strappy wedge in the center?? And those stripes on the wedge to the far right, center row.  If only online shopping were a little less accessible!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I need to order those striped Steve Maddens now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute in person - I actually ended up getting a pair that I didn't even feature - these adorable snakeskin wedges - a little more dressy, but I am IN LOVE:
      http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=742326&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.piperlime.com%2Fproducts%2Fsteve-madden-shoes-for-women.jsp

      Delete