Monday, February 4, 2013

Bringing the Outdoors In

I'm just going to say it... that Superbowl SUCKED. As a 49ers fan until the bitter end, I think it's best that we just not talk about that painful loss at all.

Moving onto other totally unrelated topics... let's talk about these glorious sun-rooms.  I would give my left arm (since I'm right handed) for an open airy sun-room like these.  Can you imagine how amazing it would be to kick the windows open on a warm, sunny day, and let the outside in... OR on dreary rainy days, wouldn't it be so cozy to curl up and read a book, watching the rain pour down around you??  Ahh, a girl can dream!!

I especially love this first one - it looks like this sun room is just off the kitchen table - I'd have my cup of coffee there every single morning... and the bead-board paneling??  So preppy and cute.  I could pretend I lived in Connecticut!

Floor to ceiling windows??  You don't have to ask me twice!  This is pretty much the most elegant "greenroom" I've ever seen with those pretty vines, the fountain, and PERSIAN RUG. Oh yeah... that's a Persian rug next to the bushes...

This next sun-room might be my favorite in terms of design.  For cooler days, it's a fully functioning sun-room  and for warm weather, all those doors slide back, turning this sun-room into an open porch!  Um... genius!

How AMAZING is that sun-room right off the bedroom???  That's not even a question!  Can you imagine waking up to that every day??  Yeah, me either.  Our bedroom looks out on another apartment building right now, so this is pretty much the opposite of that.  I'm in love.

Contemporary Family Room design by Charlotte Interior Designer Lucy and Company
This room was made for a southern tea party!!  Am-I-right???  All the yellow in the room really accentuates the sun streaming in the windows... and on a cold day??  A fireplace - so you can soak up as much sun as you can, while staying toasty by a fire.  Amen to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment