Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Give Thanks

I know I've been a bit MIA this last week, but I've been busy doing things like getting my hair highlighted, lunching with old friends from highschool, and making cookies.  With a week off from work, I've become quite accustomed to the life of a stay-at-home-fill-in-the-blank.

It's awesome.

With tomorrow being Thanksgiving - AND my sweethearts 30th birthday - I suspect I'll be MIA for the remainder of this week, but couldn't let Thanksgiving pass without counting my blessings for all the things in my life that I'm thankful for...

I am thankful for my parents - it's rare to have a mom and dad that are as good parents as they are friends.  Best friends.  I am truly blessed.


I am thankful to have a big sister who is as mothering and grounded as she is.  She is a sounding board for all my ridiculous thoughts and ideas, and is the first person I call when I am frustrated, or excited, and she always makes me feel good about buying that pair of booties, or that cute cocktail dress... or... well... yes, she is as addicted to shopping as me.  An enabler perhaps, but an amazing one :-)


I am thankful for my health - despite the minor aches and pains (and the GREY HAIRS that I was recently introduced to), I am so lucky to be healthy and happy, with good eyesight, strong muscles, and a sharp mind.  Sometimes too sharp, but in a good way.



I am thankful to have a warm and lovely home - it's small, and as much as I hate the kitchen, it's our home, and I love it.


I am thankful for a good job.  Not just a job, but one that I love - I get frustrated sometimes, but my team is amazing, and I am lucky to be able to complain about the minor annoyances when so many other people would give their left arm for that luxury.  I mean look at these co-workers of mine... so amazing.



I am thankful for my friends.  I have always been the type to have a tight group of close friends, and without them, I don't know what I'd do.  They show up on my doorstep with a bottle of wine after a rough day at work, and make me laugh until my stomach hurts on a regular basis.  Oh yeah... and they have sworn to show up with a shovel (and no questions) if it was just me and a body.  I kid... kind of.



And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my utterly handsome, unbelievably patient, funny, mellow, wonderful boyfriend, who puts up with me when I decide to paint the entry in stripes (and again when I decide to paint over those stripes a week later).  He eats and loves my cooking (sweet man), and tells me every day how beautiful I am (even in sweats with the prior day's makeup still on) and how much he loves me (even with morning breath).



To another wonderful year of blessings, and to a day bursting with love, family, food, and thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment