Monday, October 22, 2012

Dark and Moody

The weather has turned again, and I woke up very early this morning to the first storm of the season.  The rain was coming down in buckets, and I had to get up for an extra blanket before I went back to sleep.  This kind of weather puts me in the mood to hunker down, and that mood is definitely reflected in the colors I am drawn to.  The deep dark colors of these rooms are so rich, and  if it weren't so hard to paint back over, I'd be slathering our bedroom in a dark hue tonight.

You'd think that a dark color in a small space would make it feel smaller, but with bright accessories, and the right lighting, I actually think it makes many of these spaces look even larger (check out that powder room with the slate grass cloth - fourth down).  SO amazing!

Enjoy these inspirations from Houzz...













No comments:

Post a Comment