Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sore Throat Remedy

Sore Throat Remedy

I've been feeling under the weather this week with a spring-time cold, and went hunting for a natural remedy for a sore throat.  I've done the Dayquil /Nyquil / Cough Drop combo, and while it does help ease the symptoms, I hate the idea of continually taking medicine.

Wooden Nest reprinted a recipe for a natural remedy to help soothe the throat without medicine.  I am heading straight home to test it out, but with lemon and honey, I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome.

Sore Throat Remedy (originally printed on Homelife)

2-4 slices of lemon
2cm piece of ginger, thinly sliced
A handful of mint sprigs
1-2 cinnamon sticks
Freshly boiled water
Teapot or boil-resistant jug
Honey, to taste
Infuse the lemon, mint, ginger, and cinnamon in boiling water for 5 minutes. Pour into mug and add honey to sweeten and soothe the throat. 

1 comment:

  1. Yuck, hope you feel better soon! Love the home remedy though, will definitely have to give it a shot next time I am in need of some cold relief.

    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete