Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Interior Design - my new love

A Well Dressed Home is one of my favorite blogs, mainly because I happen to LOVE this interior designer's taste, but also because I am a lot like her.  I instantly fall in love with things - patterns, artwork, accents to a room - and just as quickly, fall out of love.




Having learned from expensive redecorating adventures, her blog is based around finding affordable alternatives to expensive designer pieces, which in turn grants more flexibility to altering rooms, and changing the look frequently.

Through this blog, I've also been introduced to several graphic patterns that I am now OBSESSED with - everything and anything Chevron has been catching my eye - from pillows to rugs, to bedding.  I love the wider Chevron prints, as opposed to the tighter "zig zag" stripes, as a refreshed take on "retro graphic preppy" (Is that a term?  If not... it is now!).  

CHEVRON PRINTS:

How cute are these iPhone cases?!

Chevron Print iPhone Case
Photo courtesy of  Geek Sugar
And can I just say, anything by Jonathan Adler is an A+ in my book!

Photo and tutorial courtesy of  Design Sponge
A fabulous DIY Chevron fabric for the more crafty types

Digital Camera Bag  Dslr..... with messenger strap SLR camera purse,Yellow and Gray Chevron Print by Darby Mack
From the DarbyMack shop on Etsy
This is actually supposed to be a digital camera bag, but I'd use it as a purse for everyday - so cute for spring, and perfect for travel with roomy pockets, and a detachable body strap!

TRELLIS AND LATTICE PRINTS:

Also, I cannot stop dreaming about trellis and lattice patterns.  There are so many variations however, I especially adore them because they are not to feminine.  They are modern and classic without being too hard or too soft.  I keep envisioning gorgeous wallpaper, rugs, and throw pillows in these graphic prints to bring the room alive!

Moroccan Stencil Zagora - reusable stencils for walls instead of wallpaper
From the Cutting Edge Stencils on Etsy
Amazingly enough, the above wall is not wallpapered!!  The look was created using stencils - which is such a fun fresh way to update a room without the hassle of cutting the paper, matching the pattern, making a mess with the glue.  Way less labor intensive than wallpaper AND a huge impact for very little cost!

BOTH SIDES trellis geometric 20 x 20 pillow cover
From PlayPurdys on Etsy
Throw pillows wake up a couch or sofa, and say, come sit here!  They are also one of my favorite ways to change a color palate in a room, depending on my mood, trends, or the season.  My sofa is the color of parchment paper - not white, but not tan.  Having neutral furnature allows me to change the look and feel of the room easily, and so busy patterns and bright colors isn't overwhelming in our little apartment.  I LOOOVVEEE this pillow with the intricate trellis pattern

BOTH SIDES 20 X 20 Gray geometric pillow cover

BOTH SIDES 20 X 20 Duralee Cherry Red Geometric pillow cover

BOTH SIDES 20 x 14 Geometric lumbar pillow citron
AND THIS ONE TOO!!  Ok, I think I just love them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment