Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fashion Inspiration II: Full Skirts

Happy Thursday!  I've decided to continue on with my Fashion Inspiration Series to recreate some of the looks I am currently obsessed with from my earlier post this week.

A storm is brewing here in San Francisco, and as a mid-morning escape, I have found myself dreaming of flouncy, twirly, fun, feminine, full skirts.  The forecast says rain for the foreseeable future (next 10 days at least - eek!), however, on the plus side, this gives me some time to pull together some of my spring fashion inspirations and make them a reality.

Getting straight to it...

FASHION OBSESSION:

FASHION REALITY:

1.  Dress: Susannah, $700
2.  Earrings: Kate Spade Putting on the Ritz Stud Earrings, $98
3.  Handbag: Kate Spade, Emma Book Clutch $325.00
4.  Bangle: Kate Spade Spade Hinge Bangle, $88
5.  Ring: Kate Spade Year of Color December Ring, $78
6.  Shoes: Kate Spade Charm Bow Pump, $325

With wedding season coming up, I always wonder, what to wear.  While "they" say, you should never wear black to a wedding, I say, go for it!  Black is elegant, timeless, and in the right setting, it's perfect for a wedding!  Also, splurging on a little black dress that is flattering, and fun will serve you time and time again.  Clearly, a little black dress is NOT something for a summertime beach or garden wedding, but it's perfectly acceptable for a black tie, or elegant evening wedding.  Add some sparkle, some lady-like accessories, and you are set to party the night away in style.

Ok, is everyone ready for round two of this inspired full skirted look?!  Here we go!



FASHION OBSESSION:

FASHION REALITY:
1.  Dress: Kate Spade Striped Adette, $700
2.  Necklace: All Aboard Necklace, $248
3.  Bangles: Kate Spade
•  Hand in Hand Bangle, $58
•  Draw the Line Idiom Bangle, $38
•  Crème de la Crème Idiom Bangle, $48
4.  Handbag: Kate Spade Bow Valley Rosa, $425
5.  Shoes: Kate Spade Vanessa Wedge, $325

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a sucker for everything nautical.  If it has stripes, comes in navy and white, or involves an anchor of any kind, I am there!  Kris always laughs at me, becuase in my closet I keep my stripes together - wide stripes, thin stripes, 3/4 sleeves, sweaters, blouses, you name it.  I think a good nautical look is pulled together, timeless, and effortlessly chic.

The queen of the classic prep look is Kate Spade - she is kind of my personal idol, whose pieces I've always admired.  My real obsession with her started with the handbags, and quickly ballooned from there.  A pet peeve of mine is spending money for a piece you hope to own and wear for years, only to have it fall apart from poor craftsmanship.  From my experience, everything from Kate Spade is worth the cost - it's all amazing quality that lasts and lasts.  

Because of my love for everything Kate Spade, this look was taken completely from her Spring line.  Those shoes!  The pop of color on the sole, the bright pink bag with the bow, and of course, that dress - amazing.  I can see myself brunching and lunching the spring and summer away in this dress.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment