Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Ahh the holidays...  I LOVE this time of year, when the air gets really cold and still, and at night you see twinkling fairy lights in all the windows as you pass by.  I WISH it snowed here, but honestly I'm such a whimp, I could never imagine shoveling the driveway before work.

Today is so cold and foggy - the perfect day to curl up and watch all my favorite Christmas movies, but alas, I am at work.  Tonight, we are headed downtown for a little pre-Christmas shopping event.  We are so lucky, and spoiled - we are meeting one of our sales reps at Bloomingdales, and we get to pick out a new pair of swanky holiday shoes.  Lucky us!  In addition to being spoiled rotton, I am very much looking forward to seeing the tree and the ice rink in Union Square.  That will get me geared up for the holidays - some mulled wine or a hot toddy would be amazing too :-)

Speaking of delicious holiday drinks I found these fabulous mulling spices at Williams Sonoma - they are amazing in mulled wine, but I have also found that seeping them in simmering water gives your house this yummy "been baking all day" smell.  I think I will surprise Kris tonight with a delicious smelling house, and a bowl of ice cream.  I know how to win him over :-)



Photo, courtesy of Beyond Bones
http://brandonferney.blogspot.com/2007/12/san-franciscos-union-square-at.html

Funny story here - one of my all time favorite bloggers, Jordan Ferney is from San Francisco, and I believe her husband is a photographer/artist... I wonder if this is him or if its just an uncanny coincidence...

No comments:

Post a Comment