Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Madewell? Who Knew?!

This brand is everywhere!  I have been seeing Madewell clothing featured in oodles of magazines and blogs this fall, and decided to do some investigative work.

I am the quintessential girly girl, and I love everything to do with dressing up, HOWEVER, as I get into my late twenties, I have grown an equal fondness for comfy yet stylish clothes.  Madewell has been around for years - since 1937 - and in all those years, they have apparently learned a thing or two about easy to wear, classic clothing.  Not only are there great classic jeans, button downs, and blouses, there are cute dresses, coats, and dressy shorts.  The colors are muted, and patterns lady like, which is such a relief after the much raved about color blocking trend of the spring and summer.  Turns out, unless it's Valentino, Gucci, or Prabal Gurung, it looks cheap and tacky... a la Forever 21 gone oh so wrong.

It also doesn't hurt that the model is painfully beautiful...
Some favorites from the site:

The Bird's Eye Pullover is a great fall sweater.  In San Francisco, Fall is our "Summer" so this would be a great addition for layering... a staple here.  It's light enough that it won't be stifling once the sun peeks through, but heavy enough that it will keep the chill out once the fog starts to roll back in...

A great trouser is hard to come by, and I am loving these in the brown - very fall, and very flattering with the long straight leg.  I'd aim to get them extra long becuase I am loving how they cover the shoe - wear a platform to even further elongate the leg - tre chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment